Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Skin care for acne! Ft. Dermalogica's clean start.

Unfortunately, I have acne. I thought it would be a good idea to show you my skincare routine and how I try treat my acne. In the morning I cleanse with Dermalogica's clean start cleanser. It contains Salicylic acid, which kills the bacteria that causes spots. I then put on my rosewater toner. I was prescribed Zineryt by my doctor, which is an ointment that you apply to the spots.

I then apply my clean start moisturiser, this also contains Salicylic acid. I also use bare minerals make up as if contains no harsh chemicals that liquid make up does so it won't irritate acne. As bare minerals say themselves it's 'so pure that u can almost sleep in it'. It won't clog your skin at all. I highly recommend anyone who suffers from acne to try it out. You can see my review on the compressed foundation  http://rachelsblog295.blogspot.ie/2013/06/bare-minerals.html   At nightime, I cleanse all my makeup off my face using the clean start one again. I then apply this differin cream, also prescribed by my doctor. It contains benzoyl peroxide which also helps kill acne causing bacteria.
I also exfoliate once or twice a week to get rid of all the dead skin cells. If you would like me to review a specific product mentioned please leave a comment in the section below! :) I recently bought this set which contains the clean start moisturiser, cleanser and bedtime for breakouts, which is used for banishing spots while you sleep. I switch between using this and differin before bed. They can be majorly drying on your skin so make sure you don't use these creams every night. Put loads of moisturiser on the nights you aren't using them.
You can check out about the Dermalogica clean start products here -- http://cleanstart.dermalogica.com/ir/

No comments:

Post a Comment