Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday 22 July 2013

Tips for fake tanning!

If you are getting a spray tan or just applying fake tan yourself here are some tips to make sure that your tan turns out as best as it can. I decided to do this post because I got a spray tan for my debs last week. I got in done two days before my debs and I woke up the day before my debs and it was all brown and blotchy. I stupidly got sunburnt the week before and the tan didn't take to my skin as well then. I got there in the end though and my tan turned out okay thankfully! So here are my tips:

1.) DON'T GET SUNBURNT!!! believe me I'm talking from experience. Your skin gets really badly damaged and it can't take the tan.                                            

2.) MOISTURISE your skin. If you happen to sunburn your skin before the tan, the major advice that I was given is to moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Use a rich moisturiser like the one pictured below.   

It's called cocoa butter formula by palmers. It contains vitamin E which is amazing for repairing your skin.                
 3.) EXFOLIATE! It's so important before you get a tan to exfoliate to get rid of all the dead skin cells.                                      

I hope you find these tips helpful and that your tan doesn't end up going as bad as mine did. If you have a special occasion coming up, whether it be a wedding, Debs, prom anything, just stay out of the sun. Your skin ends up peeling and the tan can't possible take to your skin. Have you any other tips for achieving the perfect fake tan? <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment